Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Little Lemon













Is it too good to be true?

A time free from morning sickness, sleepiness, and bloating.... a time when you belly is not too weighty, just cute.... a time when your hormones balance out and you stop getting upset about nothing....a time when you can feel the baby start to move....The SECOND TRIMESTER.

I'm there folks. I did not magically change when I hit 14 weeks, but I do feel better physically. Aaron and I both went in for a 14 week check up on Tuesday. Our lemon-sized baby is still going strong with a heart beat "somewhere in the 160's". I have gained 5 lbs (not the 15 I was dreading), and my uterus is moving quickly up into my addomen. I can actually feel the fundus of the uterus (about 2 in below my belly button) now - How cool is that?! When our provider was pushing down on my uterus to pick up the baby's heartbeat, she told us we were hearing the baby move in response. Movement is a static-y sound on the Doppler instrument.

As a side note, have you seen Lennart Nilsson's in-utero photos of the developing baby? Amazing.

3 comments:

Sheryl Towers said...

Great way to keep us updated, thanks!

Steve said...

very informative and a miracle in its own right. Love dad T.

Lauren said...

I love those pictures and I used them all the time when I wanted to see what my babies looked like during development. It is truly amazing!
It was so good to see you tonight. Thank you for fitting us in to your business trip!

Post a Comment