
A few updates on Operation Stork, as planned by the Towers. We have switched to a local midwives practice, which Aaron and I are pretty excited about. We felt that midwives would be more supportive of the natural, med-free birth we're hoping for and more likely to delay medical interventions. The switch was a little tough, mostly due to my worry that I would be making the decision based on overanalyzing/overworrying and since I had never gotten ObGyn care from anyone other than a MD. The midwives at this practice are more relaxed/warmer than doctors I've had, and though that is great, it is also unusual for me. We also looked into the local midwife-staffed birthing center, but it was full. Our practice is a bit of a compromise, since the midwives deliver in a tertiary care-level hospital, but only have a 10% C-section rate. We can breathe a little easier now. We developed our birth plan (never thought I'd be doing that!). We're taking Bradley classes (aka Husband-coached childbirth with emphasis on natural birth) through a childbirth instructor we really like-- Aaron has been great, btw. We decided we couldn't afford to pay for doula services, but we are planning on having a local volunteer doula attend our birth. We registered (ack, stressful!), including for cloth diapers (will update you once we start that adventure), and we are filling our tiny home with baby things. It's real, folks. Now, we are hurrying to finish preparations and waiting on that stork. Just two more months!
4 comments:
Yeah! So exciting! Glad you are feeling prepared....you'll do great.
Looks like an ideal birthing plan to me! One other tip I learned - the eye care is not necessary at all. I would tell them to skip it completely. Of course that's up to you, but Brodie has never had eye gunk and Bo and I have a theory that that procedure is something that causes baby eye gunk. Just a thought! Super excited for you! If everything goes as you hope, have Aaron call Bo afterwards and tell him about catching the baby - that's one thing I haven't been able to talk him into doing.
This sounds like the perfect plan for you two! Great planning! We're so excited as the days draw near.
Very, very cool. My sister is right in the middle of this too. She has opted to have her 5th at home, while her first 4 were at a hospital. She wanted it as natural as possible and she and her hubby feel really good about it. She is due in just a few weeks...I can let you know how her experience goes if you like. Have fun with all the preparations!
Post a Comment