Aaron broke his leg!!!
He was playing in Turkey Bowl #3, caught the ball, cut, turned his ankle, which then broke his fibula clear through. Yikes! He spent a few hours in urgent care and then was put into a temporary splint. He was too swollen to cast, so he has been in an airboot ever since the accident last month.
It has been challenging, to say the least, for all of us. Aaron gets pretty frustrated with his situation (always having to elevate, using crutches, tripping over things, etc). I have had to do the vast majority of the housework (feeding, cooking, cleaning, etc) and take care of both of my boys. Aaron has adapted well to the crutches by now and he has become more self-sufficient. The timing was pretty poor with me going back to work, but we did get help from Mom and Dad P, thank goodness!
On the other hand, there have been laughable-it's-so-bad situations to come out of this. Example - we had booked a weekend vacation to Williamsburg following the break, which we couldn't reschedule. We went, with a rented wheelchair for Aaron, and found out 99% of the historic buildings don't have wheelchair access! Once we hopped over to Jamestown, however, we had full access to a Rascal. That baby was fast. I never thought I'd see the day...
1 comment:
I love his 'pregnant belly', oops...that is Kai! LOL He looks too comfortable in that chair, I think it must be his whiskers.
Post a Comment