Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Path Back


















Mormon...Mormon
I did not know all I bore when I became it
I had loved prayer and warmth, community and endless learning
I did not understand the history, the bureaucracy, the homogeneity
Can my heart handle all the holes as it once did---
lapping up the beauty with the bad?
Unique and Divine is what I hoped for myself and Mormon
A Heavenly Mother and an unquenchable gift of revelation and growth.
For a while I was only a minion--
going through the motions and the expectations
My own guilt and worry broke me.
But I found the spark again
Deep down in my soul and through others who also bore Mormon,
Other who wanted the beauty too.
Truth is our quest
Love is our goal
We want to be good - and the prophet inside us takes the lead.
Seeking, thinking, praying, yearning --
this is my truest way to deity
Unique and Divine -- all paths back to one's God

1 comment:

Mary said...

I never thought I'd want a "like" button on blogger, but now I do.

Post a Comment