Read this article. Please. Especially all the beautiful women out there. It wouldn't hurt the guys either. Excerpt:
I believe we can find our steady footing and stilling of the soul by turning away from physical preoccupations, superwoman accomplishments, and endless popularity contests, and returning instead to the wholeness of our soul, that unity in our very being that balances the demanding and inevitable diversity of life...Often we fail to consider the glorious possibility within our own souls. We need to remember that divine promise, "The Kingdom of God is within you."
You might have noticed some common themes in my posts lately, namely a search for identity. I assume this is a common reaction post-partum for women. Our worlds become completely different. A friend Jess this week said this, "I just assumed I would still be myself after he was born. I didn't realize how different I would be. I didn't realize my brain would become hardwired to match his brain. I didn't realize he would be a part of me." How true. It snuck up on me, and I didn't even know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment